Monday, April 26, 2010

NATURAL



















I wouldn't call this a self portrait, but it's feeling IS inspired by growing up with with curls. Some days I love it, some days I don't pay attention to it, and some days I can not stand how it has a mind of it's own. When my step Mom saw this drawing in it's early stages she reacted to - or should I say she felt connected to it. And that is when I decided to name it what I did. She has a sign hanging up in the house that says, "Security is having naturally curly hair." When I looked at the picture and remembered her reaction - it gave me a thought direction. I believe in how certain things have a way of expressing themselves, and the realization of that desired expression comes much later.

Original 11"x14"

1 comment:

  1. Your curly hair was the first awesome thing I noticed about you. I enjoy NATURAL and marvel at its inspiration.

    ReplyDelete