Wednesday, March 24, 2010

AWAKE MY SOUL



















ORANGE! The color I love and wear not enough. It's almost as though I save it for a special occasion or feeling. Not sure - but point and case is I could sink into an orange world of dreams and be quite happy, sunglasses included.

KUT 90.5 Eklektikos host John Aielli has been my right hand man for music offerings the last couple of months. I am off track with my regular concert attendance, so am relying on this man to throw some new delight my way every now and again. Last week on St Patrick's Day he offered up Mumford and Sons. #10 (Awake My Soul) starts off quiet and cresendos into something quite soulful. I like the idea of giving your soul the occasional awakening because that's what we are here for - is to live, love, create, learn and share. There is a quiet side to my soul and a completely alive side - and there is beauty in them both. What is the color of your soul?

"If your everyday practice is to open to all your emotions, to all the people you meet, to all the situations you encounter, without closing down, trusting that you can do that - then that will take you as far as you can go. And then you will understand all the teaching that anyone has ever taught." - Pema Chodron

14"x17" original
SOLD (original)
Prints available

No comments:

Post a Comment